- Let distance of start vertex from start vertex = 0
- Let distance of all other vertices from start is “infinity”
- Visit the unvisited vertex with the smallest known distance from the start vertex.
- For the current vertex, examine its unvisited neighbors.
- For the current vertex, calculate the distance of each neighbor from the vertex.
- If the calculated distance of a vertex is less than the known distance, update the shortest distance.
- Update the previous vertex for each of the updated distances.
- Add the current vertex to the list of visited vertices.
Until all vertices visited.