JDK Components to Edit, Compile and Run Java Application:
- API(Application Program Interface): A Library of programs by which we can develop java application easily
- Compiler(javac): converts source code (.java file) to the byte code(.class file).
- JRE(Java Runtime Environment): An environment set up in which Java application runs.
- JVM(Java Virtual Machine): JVM runs Java Application from JRE.
IDE: (Integrated Development Environment)
- A software by which we can develop and run java applications easily
- IDE provides intelligence that helps the developer.
- Java Basic IDEs – Notepad++ , EditPlus
- Java Realtime IDEs – Ecllipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, STS etc.