- Using Programming languages and technologies we develop applications.
- Applications are used to store data and perform operations on data.
Types of applications:
- The application runs from single machine.
- Internet connection is not required to run the application.
- Application needs to be installed on machine.
- Examples: VLC, MS-office, Anti-virus, Browser, Programming languages.
- The application runs from multiple machines in a network.
- Internet connection is required to run the application.
- Application installed in server and run from the clients.
- Examples: Gmail, YouTube, IRCTC, Flip Kart etc.
- Python is an Open-Source Technology.
- We can download and install Python software from official website www.python.org
Python is used to develop both Standalone and Web applications:
- Core + Advance python + GUI + DBMS = Standalone app development